• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Comparison of UCB Meng ieor and NYU Courant MathFin Program

Hello guys, I just recently received offers from UCB ieor fintech track and NYU Courant mathfin. Wondering which one would provide a better job preparation.

UCB IEOR - Pro: great location for tech related work, courses are similar to mfe and mathfin, good employment stats (according to the number provided by school)
Con: Class size is about 100, lower bar for admission??

NYU Courant MathFin - Pro: great location for quant or finance related work, smaller class size (about 50),
Con: employment stats unknown, dropped significantly on quantnet's ranking (which is probably a punishment of being too real hhhh), expensive since no scholarships at all.

Eventually I want to work in the field of quant. However, since it is getting harder and harder to directly find a job relating to quant after graduation (pretty much true for all majors). I am thinking about get a job in the field of ds or ml. Thus, in my oppinion, I think ucb is a better candidate for securing a job after graduation.

Thanks you all very much!

Back