• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Course Requirements - How bad it is if I didn't take a course listed on the website?

Hello there, I'm new to this forum. I am an Econ & Stats student from UCLA and planning to apply for various MFE programs this fall. Been browsing the program websites and notice different programs have slightly different course requirements. I know it also depends on programs but just for the two examples: CMU MSCF says applicants should know C++ back in school, while Waterloo MQF says applicants must have taken Real Analysis, both courses are not on my school's major requirement lists and thus didn't take them (also really hard to get a seat in these courses even I want to, being a non-math/CS major student). Given that I satisify all other requirements, i.e. cal, linear algebra, statistics, python/R, etc., how bad it is to have one course not taken for these two programs and in general? Any insights are much appreciated!!

Back