• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Course work section in application

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling out application for MFE fall'24.
I have a bachelor's in Engineering and do not have any probability coursework in my transcript.
To remedy that, I took up Baruch's Pre-MFE Probability course.

In CMU's application, I was allowed to add this course for fulfilment of Probability pre-requisite. However, in Princeton's application, they have specifically mentioned to add only the courses taken as an undergraduate or graduate study.

Should I add Baruch's probability course here? If not, then how do I let them know about this?
Please note that they have no space to add certifications.

And in case I do not provide them with probability coursework, then is it straight reject? Any past applicants faced this issue.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Probably, you can fill in baruch's pre-mfe then in that space. I know for a fact, they do recognise baruch pre-mfe courses as useful. Still, mail them to be sure.

What did you end up doing?

I sent a mail asking Princeton. They were very helpful and responded to couple of enquiries very promptly.
I am quoting the response :

For the course list section:
To give us a good understanding of your Math background, I suggest adding all Math courses you have taken, wherever they were taken.

For the transcript section:
Per the instructions on the application, you cannot upload transcripts in the Academic History section if you have not earned a degree at that school. If you did not earn a degree then do not enter the school information in the Academic History section.
I suggest you add the certificate classes to your required resume and if you feel you need to you can upload up to three additional documents at the ed of the application in the Additional Information section of the application.

So, you added "Baruch AC Pre-MFE Grade: Distinction" to the courses list, and resume?

Also, do you have any idea what kind of documents can we submit in the additional documents. Seems we already include everything in the resume, and transcripts.

Back