• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CQF Career placement

Does anybody know how CQFs career services works? Is that possible to break into quant or financial world with engineering degree or any other technical and with CQF?

there is no placement service for cqf i guess, because most ppl that took cqf are already working in finance or senior position

Does anybody know how CQFs career services works? Is that possible to break into quant or financial world with engineering degree or any other technical and with CQF?
If you want to get into finance, join one of the Indian consulting firms. Almost all banks/hedge funds work with them.

You should not change your thinking just 'coz some one said something... You should still think they are IT companies :p
Btw to find a common ground they are actually software consulting firms.
But I don't think one can transition from them to hedge funds for fin role..

You should not change your thinking just 'coz some one said something... You should still think they are IT companies :p
Btw to find a common ground they are actually software consulting firms.
But I don't think one can transition from them to hedge funds for fin role..

I totally agree with you darth. I am more interested in finace (IB, HF, M&A and etc), not IT job in a finance company

Well in that case I will not be of any help :) ... If you have any other query (Apart from placements in chicago) about CQF , I would be glad to answer...

Paul Willmott mentions in his last webinar, that they would help us to find a job, if we are not sponsored by any company or organization. I just want to how effective or how feasible it is before I invest $20K

I was already working as a trader while pursuing CQF so i did not take much help from career services. I really like the classes, content and extra videos of CQF . So on that regard its really worth the money and an excellent course. In India there aren't any good quant schools , so even a cqf could land someone a job in finance . Infact I had received couple of mails for interviewing with some quant firms in Delhi just 'coz of CQF , but I was not looking for a change so I declined to interview. They also send monthly emails notifying you of the job openings where you can apply.

But things may be entirely different when we consider US , there are grads from full-time well known universities , so it makes me think that why would a firm hire someone from some online course which they might not be aware of....and since you don't have relevant work-ex , it might make the search even more painful.. So I would not bank much on CQF for breaking into quant roles in USA...

I thought that too. My intention is to break in to IB. In America, IB do hire people with out finance degree. I've been trying, but haven't had any interview with them so far.

I was already working as a trader while pursuing CQF so i did not take much help from career services. I really like the classes, content and extra videos of CQF . So on that regard its really worth the money and an excellent course. In India there aren't any good quant schools , so even a cqf could land someone a job in finance . Infact I had received couple of mails for interviewing with some quant firms in Delhi just 'coz of CQF , but I was not looking for a change so I declined to interview. They also send monthly emails notifying you of the job openings where you can apply.

But things may be entirely different when we consider US , there are grads from full-time well known universities , so it makes me think that why would a firm hire someone from some online course which they might not be aware of....and since you don't have relevant work-ex , it might make the search even more painful.. So I would not bank much on CQF for breaking into quant roles in USA...

are there opportunities in India solely on the basis of CQF?
will it be enough for me to have a breakthrough in the world of quant finance? I am currently doing my B.Tech final year. I dont have any prior finance background

Back