• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CQF Course

Hi There,

I need help in deciding whether I should join CQF or not. I have a bachelors degree in Maths, Masters in Maths and then I did one more Master in Financial Mathermatics.
I still could not find any job in Quant field. I think my financial mathematics degree did not provide me all the knowledge needed to get into this field.
At the moment I am working as a software developer and too frustrated with my job.

Can anyone tell me how easy will it be to get a job after distance learning course from CQF. I am based in Australia.

I can't speak much for the additional information that might be in the CQF than in a MFE (since I've not taken either course at this time), but I feel like with respect to knowledge, doing the CQF seems redundant. If your MFE was any good, you should have learned everything you needed to know, and that should be evidenced by any decent placement rate of your program into the field.

That being said, care to share where you did your MFE? Maybe you could share your interview experiences? Maybe your resume could use touching up? Or maybe some non-US (presumably but not limited to Australians) people could chip in with their experiences and thoughts.

EDIT:
http://www.quantnet.com/forum/threads/cqf-as-a-prep-mfe.6466/
Might be worth reading. About CQF-holders going for MFE, but the discussion is relevant.

Back