• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Data Science Bootcamp programs

atreides

Graduate Student
Data Science and Big Data is all the talk these days. For folks interested in this field, I put together a list of all the major players in the Data Science bootcamp space. They seem to be clustered in San Francisco and New York . This list doesn't include any of the university programs.

http://yet-another-data-blog.blogspot.com/2014/04/data-science-bootcamp-landscape-full.html

Hopefully someone finds this useful. Disclosure : I'm currently attending one of the listed bootcamps

Thanks. Care to disclose which bootcamp you are attending? I'm considering applying to the Insight data engineering program. I have a meager Master's degree in math and 2 years development experience. It appears most fellows are Harvard/Stanford/MIT PhDs.

Anyone has any views /experiences etc to share on Northwestern MS in Analytics?

Given there are very few data science masters in US, how does Northwestern Analytics compare to say Columbia MS in data science or NYU MS in Data Science?

Anyone has any views /experiences etc to share on Northwestern MS in Analytics?

Given there are very few data science masters in US, how does Northwestern Analytics compare to say Columbia MS in data science or NYU MS in Data Science?

Northwestern graduated its first class last year and the stats from their website show almost perfect placement by graduation. Have you tried contacting each of the students from that graduating class. ? You could probably find them on Linkedin.

You should also check out NC State Analytics. Those guys are doing some impressive things and have had 90% + placement by graduation for seven years straight

Unfortunately, there are only a few universities building their Data Science / Analytics programs the right way. I won't name names but you probably want to stay away from some of the programs popping up.

It almost feels like a few years ago when MFE programs where popping up everywhere and Universities / Business Schools were jumping on the band wagon hoping to build a cash cow...

Thanks again for this thread! I was accepted into the Insight data engineering program. It starts in June and I'm really excited.

Back