• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Devon McCormick introducing myself

DevonMcC

Quant Researcher / PM
Hi Quantnet people -

I'm an experienced quant, currently independently consulting, with experience in asset-allocation, futures overlay, quant model development, international investing, process improvement, and Bayesian statistics. [I don't know why I'm shown as a "Junior Quant Analyst" other than the usual disease of overly-helpful software]

I've worked in quant groups at Morgan Stanley, Bankers Trust/Deutschebank, and New York Life Investment Management. I'm a founding member of the New York Financial Engineers. As part of this latter group, I'm doing a research project on "How Long to Hold Winners and Losers" - some of which is posted online on the group's Wiki at http://nyfinancialengineer.wikispaces.com/Projects (Projects 1 and 1a).

I'm also active in QWAFAFEW in New York (QWAFAFEW Worldwide | Quantitative Work Alliance for Applied Finance, Education & Wisdom) so maybe I'll see some of you at those meetings.

Devon McCormick, CFA

Hi Devon,
Welcome to Quantnet. Hope to see you here more often. Sascha joined us a while ago.
As for the title, it's a forum specific title instead of the software default title of Registered member

To change it, click on the top left forum bar
User CP -> Edit Profile -> Custom User Title

Then you can enter a title of your choice.
Best,
A

Welcome Devon, and thank you for sharing some of the information about your work and involvement in the field. Look forward to seeing more exchange of information here with us!

Thanks for the info on QWAFAEW, I'm going to try to attend the meeting.

Regards, Gus Tsahas

Welcome Devon.
Looking forward to see you at the meeting.

Back