• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

DIY your application or?

Hi, everyone. I'm applying to grad programs in financial engineering this fall. So far, I've done a great deal of research on various programs and the application process itself. Having studied in a US college for several years, this time I feel confident that I can do it by myself (unlike when I was a high school kid in China, and had to rely on over-paid college application "consultant" for help).

That said, I think sometimes there's value in seeking help when it comes to things like polishing personal statement, and interview preparation. I was wondering if anyone had any good experience with working with paid consultant/counselor for financial engineering programs. If you did it all by yourself and it went very well, I'd love it hear about it too! Many thanks!

Most people that are in the US self-apply, specially if you already did your undergrad here.
There could be a whole industry for people in China to apply for college and that may extend to the MFE programs as well but it's not a big part of it from what I can tell.
Looks like if you are done enough research and know what specific programs are looking for, you should be able to tailor your applications for them.
General disclaimers apply. You should get your essay proofread by a few native speakers, and some mock interviews. But you don't need to pay big bucks for those.

Back