• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do academics really answer questions on official sites?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tsotne
  • Start date Start date
Have you asked any question to famous book authors on his official web site? I've had several occasions when I posted a question to his contact address (on "contact his name" poll) and I got the answer in a very short time period. The type of the answers were almost identical. I couldn't assume he's chasing the mails from students and has a trap to catch every possible incoming message. So I wonder if it is true (if you know any for sure) that they are responding to your questions.

I deliberately avoid naming the authors names here since I haven't posted them in a positive context, but it'd be ok if you share their names if you have a positive answer to the bold phrase above. Thanks

Have you asked any question to famous book authors on his official web site? I've had several occasions when I posted a question to his contact address (on "contact his name" poll) and I got the answer in a very short time period. The type of the answers were almost identical. I couldn't assume he's chasing the mails from students and has a trap to catch every possible incoming message. So I wonder if it is true (if you know any for sure) that they are responding to your questions.

I deliberately avoid naming the authors names here since I haven't posted them in a positive context, but it'd be ok if you share their names if you have a positive answer to the bold phrase above. Thanks

I am not an academic but I try to answer most of the queries sent to me.

Back