Do IBs hire more interns or full time graduates?

• Thread starter Thread starter qing
  • Start date Start date
I just found that several IBs' hiring profiles for the year 2006-07. To my surprise, most banks hire less summer interns than full time graduates. I always thought they would hire more interns than full time graduates... Does someone know why?

And also, I'll graduate in May 2010. I wonder can I still apply for 2010 summer internships, as most companies target at student in their penultimate years? I know Morgan Stanley do accept summer internship applications from graduates? How about other banks?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Thank you very much for your information, IlyaKEightSix.

Do you know why they hire less interns than full time graduates?

I just found that several IBs' hiring profiles for the year 2006-07. To my surprise, most banks hire less summer interns than full time graduates. I always thought they would hire more interns than full time graduates... Does someone know why?

And also, I'll graduate in May 2010. I wonder can I still apply for 2010 summer internships, as most companies target at student in their penultimate years? I know Morgan Stanley do accept summer internship applications from graduates? How about other banks?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Where I worked previously (a big firm that disappeared and is no longer relevant), we would only hire in the penultimate year, but that could include grad school. So if you're going for a one-year MS, a lot of firms will look at you for Summer 2010.

Back
Top Bottom