• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Does anyone get UCB interview invitation?

Does anyone get UCB interview invitation? Will the interview only have technical questions?

I got an invitation yesterday and did the interview today. I was asked to talk a little bit about my background and asked 3-4 technical questions. The interview was conducted by a current student who, luckily, was very nice.

I got an invitation yesterday and did the interview today. I was asked to talk a little bit about my background and asked 3-4 technical questions. The interview was conducted by a current student who, luckily, was very nice.

Congrats! Have u made it to the second round? Normally there is going to be at least 2 rounds of interviews before an applicant is finally admitted.

Thanks. I'm still hoping to hear back about the second round of interview. Did you also apply?

My interview last week was exactly the same as yours. Several general background questions, some technical questions, a nice interviewer, and a 1-day-only preparation.

What kind of tech question did they ask? I am going to have an interview tomorrow. It's more about math or finance?
One of current MFE students interviewed me. There were questions related to math, finance(option, future), economics and one logic question.

The interviewer may also ask you to elaborate on the work experience. Questions vary a lot, making it difficult to prepare.

Hi guys,

I did my interview this passed Thursday. As previous members mentioned, it depends a lot on your background. There were 3 parts to it. First you are asked to elaborate more on your background/resume then a few technical questions and brain teasers and finally you are given a chance to ask any questions that you might have.

Has anyone heard back from UCB after their first interview yet ?

Has anyone else heard anything? Are they planning to send more interview invites,with 2 weeks to go before the results are out.

Is interview a definite 1st step to get accepted in the program?

Are you talking about technical interviews(first interview) or the second interview??

Does anyone has news?

What is the MFE acceptance rate at UCB? anyone knows? Do they have live chat with admission professor like Baruch or CMU?

Back