• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Doing course with limited Net connectivity

Hi Instructors

I plan to start the course, but have the following situation :

a) Going to home town in India, with very limited connectivity.

b) Built USB HDisk with Linux (Fedora) and dev tools.

Question : Evaluation for the course is based on interaction on the forum - Due to the limited accessibility to the net - how can I compensate for that to get a good credit ?

Access to the net will be just enough to upload assignments.

Your input will be very helpful, I want to do well.

Thanx in advance

C S Palkar
--

Interaction on the forum is considered for bonus credit but is not essential for a good grade. More importantly, the forum is there for TAs to assist you in your learning experience. If you are confident enough that you can learn without that day to day assistance then it is not essential. You will need connectivity to view the lectures and upload the hws. You will also need connectivity to take the Skype final exam

Yes - I will be able to get access to the net for UL of assignment. But would not be able to participate in a daily basis using the forum.

Thanx for the clarification.

Back