• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Economics for quant roles

Hello! I am transitioning from a non-finance background into quantitative finance. My goal is to get into asset management, and I have been accepted into a reputable MFE program. My math and programming background are decent. I've also taken advanced level computational finance courses (mainly derivatives pricing). My main weakness is general economics knowledge, like why inflation happens, why recession happens, general things like these. For example if you asked me if we were going to be in a recession in the next few months, I would have no idea what to tell you. That's the level I'm at right now.

My question is given my goal, what are the best resources to learn about relevant material pertaining to economics and general finance? Off the top of my head, the first thing I would do is revisit my Econ101 course and refresh my memory. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Back