• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF Essay 2 clarification : calculus-based probability/probability and statistics

Hi All,

Essay 2 asks to specify background in calculus-based probability and course combined with probability and statistics.

What are the specific topics adcoms are looking in probability, calculus and statistics?

Can someone please comment if the below course full fill this criteria?
I scored a A in this course 5 years back :)

Stochastic Processes (Calculus based probability)
Classification of Stochastic Processes; Elements of Probability: Moments of Distribution, Central Limit Theorem; Markov Chains and Markov Processes; Ergodic Probabilities and Periodicity of Markov Chains; Poisson and Birth-death process; Kolmogorov Equations; Weiner Process; Autocorrelation Functions; Stochastic Calculus; Fokker-Planck Density Spectra; Mathematical Modelling of Stochastic Dynamic Systems: Population Balance, Game Theory, and Monte Carlo Technique; Application to Residence Time Distribution Theory, Chemical Reaction analysis, Statistical thermodynamics, Control Theory, Reliability Engineering, and Parameter Estimation

http://www.che.iitb.ac.in/online/coursedetails/cl-465-stochastic-processes

Also I did a intern with Zeus Numerix into Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) where I wrote a code in C to simulate Gaussian particles in a box using Direct Simulation Monte Carlo Method (DSMC). I again did it way back in 2009. Should I highlight this experience in the essay as well?

Can I also cover topics from CFA and FRM in this essay?
I did appear for a test and did fairly well in them

Relevant CFA topics in Maths and Statistics (>70% range)
· Probability Concepts
· Common Probability Distributions
· Sampling and Estimation
· Hypothesis Testing
· Correlation and Regression
· Multiple Regression and Issues in Regression Analysis
· Time-Series Analysis

Relevant FRM topics in Maths and Statistics (top quartile)
• Discrete and continuous probability distributions
• Population and sample statistics
• Statistical inference and hypothesis testing
• Estimating the parameters of distributions
• Graphical representation of statistical relationships
• Linear regression with single and multiple regressors
• The Ordinary Least Squares (OLS) method
• Interpreting and using regression coefficients, the t-statistic, and other output
• Heteroskedasticity and multicollinearity
• Monte Carlo Methods
• Estimating correlation and volatility using EWMA and GARCH models
• Volatility term structures

* I saw a thread on this topic but that was like 4 year back without much conclusion.

Back