• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Experience with WES (World Education Services)?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with WES for transcripts verification? Columbia requires all international students whose universities do not send official transcripts electronically to use WES, who would verify the documents and send a report to the university afterward.

According to the fedex tracking info provided by my previous university my documents should've reached them more than 2 weeks ago, but my account info on WES still says that they haven't received the documents. I tried using their contact us form only to hear back a week later that someone has forwarded my inquiry to the relevant department, and that was a week ago. At this point I have absolutely no idea if the package was actually delivered and just waiting to be processed, misdelivered to a wrong address, or even lost somewhere.

I understand that there's covid and all, and I'm probably overthinking this, but Columbia's admission website only provided this option for international universities that don't send transcripts via email. If this process drags on it might affect my course registration for Spring. Has anyone used WES recently? How did it go?

Back