• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Feedback on financial sentiment API - free

Hi guys, my first post here. This world is pretty new to me, though I've been trading options for years. I'm helping out a team that's basically built a financial sentiment engine and paired it with NASA developed signal processing. We monitor millions of online conversations (including but not limited to Twitter, Stocktwits, chatrooms, etc), in thousands of symbols. What we believe makes our products unique is that we demonstrate clear correlation with real world financial sentiment surveys such as the NAAIM and financial sentiment measurements such as the VIX.

We recently built an API and have given it to a couple quant groups at banks and one exchange, I thought we would reach out here as well and see if anyone wants to give it a test drive.

A few highlights...
- An independent Kaggle.com data scientist used our data to build a predictive model which theoretically would have returned ~17% over a 60 day time span.
- We are publishing a whitepaper on our blog showing how our general sentiment indices could be used to reliably predict the Gallup US mood survey.
- A real time newsfeed with anomaly detection and customized alerts.

The site is www.psychsignal.com, feel free to ping me on this thread for access and a few more details. Or ask questions/challenge the product idea and I'll respond right away.

Cheers,
Clay Elliot
www.linkedin.com/in/clayelliot
Twitter @Clay

Glad to hear that but i trust only one company(finsents.com) regarding any financial work so good luck and your site sounds good so keep it upl..

Gee thanks 'Sunita', you sound like you totally aren't working for and/or hired by the company to write that! That's a good strategy, I trust only one single news source for current events and shop at only one online store.

Back