• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

FinMath at Cass?

Hi,

Bit of background: achieved an overall average of 66% studying Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Warwick.

I'm currently holding an offer to study FinMath at Cass this upcoming year. Unfortunately due to some exceptionally unfair decisions by the Warwick Business School, my offer for the Mathematical Finance course there was rescinded. I am still waiting to hear back from UCL for their computational finance course as I have been told that I am on some sort of waiting list.

I currently have a job lined up in the front office technology team of one of the big IBs for August 2021, and so am torn between pursuing the course at Cass this year or waiting and applying to better universities later down the line. For instance, I could always reapply to UCL(if I did not get an offer) and do the course part or full time once I have had a couple of years of work experience under my belt. My second year grade was quite poor(2.2) and so most of my applications this year were very speculative. I'm hoping I would be more likely to receive offers if I were to reapply again to the top MFE programmes in the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back