• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Forecasting Exchange Rate

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having. I need to price a cross-currency swap using a calibrated EV (Hull-White) model. I am doing so using Monte Carlo simulation. I have the interest rates being simulated forward in time, but I don't know how to simulate the evolution of the exchange rate. I am given the current value and the implied volatility. However, I don't know of a model to use for forecasting exchange rates, and I haven't been able to find one in my texts.

Specifically, does anyone have a good recommendation for a model or a reference for an exchange rates dynamics?

Thanks,
Nick

Although FX rates can in theory go to zero or infinity, (and occasionally do), they exhibit substantial periods of mean reversion.

Back