FRM vs CFA vs MFE

Hi, everyone

Seeking for some advice on what should I pursue? I am BBA in Finance student expect to graduate in May2014. I have 3 choices to go for before my graduation.

First, prepare for FRM exam in May2014 (I guess that is the time for FRM exam, not exactly sure).

Second, prepare for CFA exam in June2014.

Lastly, studying more math course online and prepare to apply for MFE program around Dec2014 at the earliest or at the latest in whatever month that program allow(and start the program in Fall2015).

My ultimate goal is to go for MFE program. However, I ask for advice because if I do FRM or CFA exam first, I may delay my application to the next year (and start the program in Fall2016).

What are you guys' opinion? If you were me, what would you do? Will FRM or CFA give me benefit if I go for it before MFE program?

Thank you for all the opinions.

There's no real reason to pursue CFA L1 simply to get into a Master's program.

However, if you're going into asset management, there's all the reason in the world to be a CFA charterholder.

frm is pretty much useless... cfa is not that helpful either. just apply to mfe
I disagree strongly. FRM/PRM are very useful, but only once you have a job. They provide the institutional backdrop for much of the math being done by risk management groups. In fact, in this job market, FRM/PRM may be more valuable than an MS in QF.

Back