• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Would CFA/FRM be a wise choice?

Hello Everyone,

My name is Vamsi. A little about myself. I am a first-year undergraduate student pursuing an Actuarial Science and Quantitative Finance degree in India. I plan to pursue a career in Quant Finance.
As things stand I can either write CFA (or FRM) or CS1 (an actuarial sciences exam on probability and statistics). I am an intermediate Python programmer and have also completed DeepLearning.AI's ML Specialization Course.
Would CFA/FRM be useful while applying to Quant Trader/Quant Analyst Internships? Are actuarial exams a useful addition to my resume from a recruiter's point of view? Also, is there anything I could do that would add value in my CV?

Thank you for replying to my query.

Regards,
Vamsi

Hello Everyone,

My name is Vamsi. A little about myself. I am a first-year undergraduate student pursuing an Actuarial Science and Quantitative Finance degree in India. I plan to pursue a career in Quant Finance.
As things stand I can either write CFA (or FRM) or CS1 (an actuarial sciences exam on probability and statistics). I am an intermediate Python programmer and have also completed DeepLearning.AI's ML Specialization Course.
Would CFA/FRM be useful while applying to Quant Trader/Quant Analyst Internships? Are actuarial exams a useful addition to my resume from a recruiter's point of view? Also, is there anything I could do that would add value in my CV?

Thank you for replying to my query.

Regards,
Vamsi
IMO, building something ground-up in C++/Python, releasing it and maintaining it on GitHub, related to algorithmic trading or sell-side mathematics is much more likely to interest recruiters. They are looking for fluid intelligence; not crystallized knowledge.

Back