• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Future events in your resume

Hi,

which future events do you mention in your resume?

if you have got an unconditional offer for an MFE program in 2012, would you take this on your resume or just mention it in the cover letter?

Cheers!

If you did that, you're basically telling them to throw your resume away. Why would they waste their time and effort training you etc if you are going to leave in a year?

I believe it depends on what your future plans are. If you are applying for a full time position and are willing to do the MFE part time, then put it in your resume, and mention the part-time. If it's for an internship, I think you should add it regardless. However, if you plan on leaving the company once the MFE starts, then there really is no point to list it, unless you plan on lying.

Even if I was planning a part-time MFE. I wouldn't put it on there for a full-time job. Even for an internship if they are looking to test someone out for a full-time position putting future plans to attend school isn't a good idea. A resume should state what you have done, not what you might do.

Back