• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

GaTech QCF Georgia Tech MSQCF Interview

I was interviewed back in Jan, around 17th of Jan. I'd submitted my application on the 31st of December 2023
Still haven't heard back though.
My chances seem pretty slim now.
Any idea about the last date of rolling out decisions?

GaTech has been on radio silence for about 2 months now. Emailing them does not even yield a reply. I think colleges this year are dragging the process far too long and the response of "we are a small team" is just seeming more and more like an inadequate excuse.

I apologise for the rant but being in a limbo with no decision this late into the admission cycle is not a good look - for the colleges.

Last edited:
GaTech has been on radio silence for about 2 months now. Emailing them does not even yield a reply. I think colleges this year are dragging the process far too long and the response of "we are a small team" is just seeming more and more like an inadequate excuse.

I apologise for the rant but being in a limbo with no decision this late into the admission cycle is not a good look - for the colleges.
My theory is that schools are receiving an influx of applications of much higher quality than in the past and they are not sure how to deal with them (i.e. how to get the best students they possibly can without destroying their yield %).

My theory is that schools are receiving an influx of applications of much higher quality than in the past and they are not sure how to deal with them (i.e. how to get the best students they possibly can without destroying their yield %).
I can understand that yes, and yet the onus is on the adcoms to deal with the situation in a way that suits all parties best.

Even if I let the delays slide and accept that this has been an unforeseen situation for them, what is not a good look is the lack of communication regarding the delays.

I can understand that yes, and yet the onus is on the adcoms to deal with the situation in a way that suits all parties best.

Even if I let the delays slide and accept that this has been an unforeseen situation for them, what is not a good look is the lack of communication regarding the delays.
Well...true, but then they will need to deal with the consequence of losing some very capable candidates who would otherwise be willing to attend their school but instead got put off by the lack of responsiveness. It goes both ways.

Has GaTech completely stopped sending out any decisions altogether? I'm seeing every college have their decisions being updated except GaTech.

Hey guys, for those who have received admits and looking to join GTECH this fall (i.e. 2024) would love to connect. Feel free to DM me and we can create a WhatsApp group maybe?

Back