• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

GRE Test. Tips?

Simply thinking, if each player played 3 games each thats a total of 21 games( including ones counted twice, I know)
then take it this way. for each game counted in the 21, its actually only have a real game and you cant make 21 out of a sum of even numbers.

Its like saying Okay there's 7 players. everyone played 1 game each. with only one opponent.
You see, this is just not possible.

The only way I see it possible for every player to participate only 3 times, is with an odd number of players. Anyways: I still do not assume the question is wrong... That should be our last resort ;) . However, I just dont see a different way to solve it.

Yes, I agree that there is something critically wrong with this question (and no, I didn't copy it wrongly, although there might be some slight change in wording). I lodged a complaint of this question to the administration of the test centre (after sitting the GRE), but ETS claims that the test questions presented had a single best answer and that the examination was properly assembled, administered and scored.

Back