• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Greetings from Chicago

Hello everyone,

I just created a profile on this site and wanted to introduce myself. I am a Graduate Student at De Paul University working on a MS in Computational Finance. I am almost halfway through the degree and have a little over a year until I graduate.

I currently work at the Law School here at De Paul in the Career Services Offices. I am interested in interning on a Quant Desk over the next summer and would appreciate any helping making that possible. I have attached a copy of my resume if anyone has suggestions or can forward it to someone that is looking for an intern.

Thanks,

Brian J. Fox
brianjfox@alumni.uiowa.edu

Attachments

• Brian James Fox.doc
    41 KB · Views: 183
Hi there.

Quick tip: one page resume. You get about 10 seconds for an HR recruiter to look at it.

Second of all: I'd put more of the masters courses you're working on, even if you haven't completed them yet.

Agree with Ilya. 1 page without a doubt,

Also, make it look more attractive. It should look like you spent time organizing and sprucing it up, not that you typed it out 15 minutes before sending it in. Use indentation, small caps/large caps, font sizes, anything else that gives a uniform and pleasant layout.

Fewer bullet points; 5 at most per item, 3 is better.

I don't think your objective will help your chances of getting in; it seems a little unambitious for a front office job (assuming that's what you mean).

You probably mean "desk quant". There is no such thing as quant desk. Unless you mean sitting on the same desk with other quants which may not necessarily be FO.
Given the current market, you should cast the net wider and try to find a position, any position that your degree may be of some use. Narrowing your search to desk quant position is like looking for needle in a haystack.

Back