Help Please... New Quant and have no idea how to start !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter helpme
  • Start date Start date
Just started my new job as a Quantitative Anaylst.... and guess what they fired my manager in my first week !!!

I have to idea how to impress the new management before getting fired my self?

i know this is a strange question to ask but can any one help on how to get started as a quantitative analyst....

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure it's even worth it to try to impress the new boss. If they had a plan to fire you after your boss, it'll happen regardless.
Just try to do the best job you can regardless of the management. There are things you can't control except your job performance.
Good luck with the new management.

Actually, I was at one firm where they sacked both my boss, and his boss.
I don't think it was for hiring me...

They ended up with no one left to fire me.

I do however part company with the Adminator on trying to impress your new boss.

He's right that the decision on your survival is mostly out of your hands, but the key word here is mostly. Certainly you should start looking for a new job, but that should not be the only survival tactic to deploy.

Find something to do, something that produces a visible result, find someone who looks politically powerful, or at least likely to survive and ask him for work.

Sound positive, and when and if you actually get something useful to do that you complete, mention it to a few people.

To risk using sports cliches, you are beaten when you give up, or they carry you off the field.

Even if you get canned, you have had practice in trying to look useful, that has value beyond the paycheck.

Also you will learn stuff, pick people's brains, each of your coworkers knows useful things that you can't get from books or formal education.

Back
Top Bottom