• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

hi guys

hi everyone.
first thing that i wanna say is that i am realy glad to find this kind of forum.

i graduated from one of the colleges in turkey. i have mechanical engineering degree. now i am planing to do master of financial engineering in ny. I am international student in ny now and i study esl one of the language school in manhattan.

i have a couple question for those of you who is international student or have information about international student's situtation.

1. what is the score that i have to take from toefl and gre.
2.unfortunately my gpa is not high (2.27/4.00) what is the posibilty of getting accepted barruch college mfe program.

thank you

2.unfortunately my gpa is not high (2.27/4.00) what is the posibilty of getting accepted barruch college mfe program.

Unless you do something about this, you have NO chance of getting accepted.

what can i do about this. there must be something that i can do. i believe that i have enought quantitative proficiency. how can i proof this.? is there any exam that i need to pass and offer to the adminstration?

Take the GRE quant and score 800. That could be a start but it is fairly common for current applicants.

Then you will need to do something "radical". I don't know for sure what exactly but it must be something that shows you are really really good. Maybe scoring in the 99% of the Math subject test, publish some quantitative paper in a very good journal, I don't really know.

BTW, perception (your believe) and reality are two very different things.

thank you guys for answering. but i would like the emphasize that i didnt say that i am realy realy good. i am just saying that i have enought quantitative proficiency to do master of FE. The reason why i have low gpa is not because of my quantitative ability was bad. There were some other problems that pulled my gpa down when i was in the college.. i didnt care about my gpa because i was satisfied. now i regret that i didnt get what i deserved. i wasnt planing to do master degree. therefore gpa wasnt that important for me. but being regret doesnt solve my problem now. so i need to do something and show them instead of my gpa.

do you guys also know what score i have to take from toelf ibt?

thanks for responding guys.

Using capital letters will also help ;)

2.27 is very low, so if you want to have a chance, you will have to do a lot of convincing explanation about your gpa.

Back