• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

High Frequency Trading Group at Barclays Capital?

Just got a summer internship with HFT group at BarCap. Does anyone know how the group is?

What is future of HFT? will it expand a lot?

How do you think this internship comparing with JPMorgan Quant summer internship program?

A lot questions. Thanks ahead!

Shouldn't you have figured that out before you accepted the position?

JPM summer quant is in their strats group. It's a heavy quant position with lots of programming and math. It's filled with PhD's.

Barcap isn't really known for HFT. I don't think any of the banks are good for HFT. All the big guys have moved to the buy-side space.

Thanks, goldski.

I haven't accepted it yet. Still waiting for other interviews. Just curious about these different programs.

Thanks, goldski.

I haven't accepted it yet. Still waiting for other interviews. Just curious about these different programs.

It is still a good name to have on your resume going forward. Starting your career at a big name bank is the way to go I believe...regardless of what you're doing there.

Back