• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

House sharing?

Looking for a safe place near public transportation that allows work/study at night. Housing sharing will be great to make friends, group studying and low the costs. Prefer to allow simple Chinese cooking but can settle for no.

Here is me briefly, someone that you can trust having an easy time :) :
Male, Chinese. Easy going. Enjoy reading, sports(various, play/watch) and investments.

If any new MFE students are interested in finding a house together, or any existing students having a bed to rent, please post or drop me an IM.

For anyone also look for housing, here are some housing resources I found from previous posts (thanks) and plan to research:

(Craig's list) new york city rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

(Baruch site) http://theticker.campusave.com/

(in chinese) ¥@¬É¤ÀÃþ¼s§iºô

If you know any other good resources, please post. Thanks!

Best,
Richard

Elmhurst is a good area to live for Chinese students, it's close to G, V, R Train, close to Chinese groceries, restaurants, library, Queens Mall. And the most important thing is, the rent is quite affordable. I've been living that area since I moved to NYC for about 2 years, during which period, nothing bad, or unsafe happend to me......except for I found rats some day :)

Thanks Andy and Yan for the tips.

Guess this is memorial weekend, so I will be patient waiting to hear if any new student also looking for houses.

Best,
Richard

It's not ideal time to look for students for sharing now. Since the summer already began and the new semester is some time to go...

Thanks Yan.

Understood and I will start looking once I took care a more important issue next week.

Best,
Richard

you can also get affordable housing in jersey city

Due to some change in my personal situation, I will not be looking for house sharing in NY. I know several new Chinese students are still looking for house and maybe sharing, so this should still be a good thread that you can posting questions, sharing housing information and ask for help. Good luck with your housing need!

A good source for housing information is HELPLINE, (646) 312-4750/4752. If you are an international student, you can also check with the International Student Services Center, (646) 312-2050.

Students who are interested in residential off-campus student housing might wish to contact organizations listed below.

* Educational Housing Services - 1 (800) 297-4694 or Educational Housing Services | Providing Affordable Student Housing.
* Village Voice newspaper - available free of charge in the Student Activities Center (Newman Vertical Campus 55 Lexington, 2-210) http://www.villagevoice.com

From Housing | Undergraduate Admissions | Baruch College

Another one just came from my mailing list. Maybe good for a quick place to live in NYC while you search for a permanent place

Summer Sublet Available (Sent by a GC Math Student)
Studio in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn available for sublet, July 26th - August 23rd, 2007, for $800: 450 lovely sq. feet, fully furnished with plants we need looked after. Fantastic location in lively, charming neighborhood, only 10 minutes from Manhattan: F-train stop just yards away (Bergen St), only a couple blocks to 2,3, 4, 5, J, M, N, R, Q and Z trains. Call 718-624-0474 or write ybaishanski[AT]yahoo.fr.

Hi Yiping,
Send Eddie a PM. He should be able to provide you with more detailed info. From what I gather, you may be able to find better deals in Queens on CL at new york city rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist
CL is the preferred way for most people, specially students in NY to find shared apt

Yiping/Anyone who is concerned,

I found pretty much all my housing options on CL, and I've been pretty happy with it. (thought that such a testimony might be helpful by any means...)

Back