• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How should I report my GPA scale?

I'm applying to the graduate school of MFE or MSFM. I have 3.79 overall GPA and 4.03 math major GPA.

My college does have a max GPA at 4.33 with A+, and one have to get above 97% or above 100% after curving in order to get an A+. Thus people barely get get such a grade. However, will the admission committee understand this fact? Will they think that A+ is equivalent to a normal A or so?

I'm thinking to just state that the full GPA scale is 4.0 without actual conversion or to convert all the scores according to the 4.0 scale and report the converted GPA. I have 3 A+ and 2 in the major so my GPA after conversion would be 3.73 (overall) and 3.97 (major). Is there any suggestion? Thanks!

At the back of my transcript it had all the rules for giving GPAs such as A+: 4.1 and A:4.0 etc. Maybe if yours have such thing, you may also upload that page with your transcript (in the same PDF).
I hope I could help you a little bit!

At the back of my transcript it had all the rules for giving GPAs such as A+: 4.1 and A:4.0 etc. Maybe if yours have such thing, you may also upload that page with your transcript (in the same PDF).
I hope I could help you a little bit!
Thanks! It does ;)

Back