• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How the Mighty Have Fallen

Take a look at the year-to-date performance for some biggest of the big-name investors:

• Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway): -43%
  • Ken Hebner (CMG Focus Fund) -56%
  • Harry Lange (Fidelity Magellan): -59%
  • Bill Miller (Legg Mason Value Trust) -50%
  • Ken Griffin (Citadel): -44%
  • Carl Icahn (Icahn Enterprises): -81%
  • T. Boone Pickens: Down $2 billion since July
  • Kirk Kerkorian: Down $693 million on his Ford shares alone

True on the above Max, but is is far better to have a 50% draw from 10 billion and get left with 5 billion, then to have a 100% gain but only be worth a few million......... and that my fiend is speaking from personal experience!:D

Haha :)

Gus, if I had to invest my $50K I would rather be with you than with Warren and his 5 billion ;)

I once was in the room when someone asked Charles Schwab, "How does it feel to lose a billion dollars?"
SCHW (then SCH) missed its earnings number a few days prior, and gapped down $4. Chuck held 250 million shares.
Chuck laughed and said, "You know, it feels great -- just to have had the chance."

Back