• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How to make the marginals of a copula function in s-plus or R?

How to make the marginals of a copula function in s-plus or R?Hi, everyone:I am a chinese financial master student and very glad to learn quants knowledge here. I am a s-plus fimetrics user, I am very interested in copula functions recently, but when I planed to model it, I found I really don't kown how to get the marginal distritions with s-plus, I knew it alway used semi-parameter method to estimate the marginals in s-plus, but as I Knew, there would some other methods to model it. Would anyone help me? Thanks!Sincerely, your new friend Chunming Zhu.Guangzhou China

There is two methods, the cml one in which you use the empirical distribution to find the parameters of the copula, or the IFM method where you find the distribution that fit best the data then you estimate the parametrers of the copula by maximum likelihood
ltake a look at the copula package

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/copula/copula.pdf

Back