• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE I-20 document issue clarification

A friend of mine is in the process of applying for his F-1 visa for the UCB MFE program. His I-20 document declares that the student wil be majoring in "Actuarial Science". Is this the norm or is this an error ? If its the norm, are UCB MFE graduates eligible for STEM OPT extension ?

In reality, I-20 should say exactly what ever degree he is going to pursue. It will not impact his extension at all, he can also get new I-20 as soon as he arrives here.

I have friends, they change their degree programs 20 times. They did get new I-20 when ever they changed the program.

its normal. It doesnt really matter as long as he is enrolled. I had a similar issue. I transferred from the ESL department at the U of Kentucky to the science department and my new I-20 showed my previous school as a local high school while I didnt even know what it was. I asked and they said it doesnt matter as long I remained enrolled.

Back