• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE International GPA

It's urgent! The application's due in a few hours and I'm not sure how to convert my international CGPA (10 point scale) to a four-point scale.

Should I just report it as is?

Or is there a chart/service somewhere which would help me do this quickly?

I hope you were able to get this figured out in time! If not, don't sweat it. I can only speak for the University of Michigan, but I imagine it holds up elsewhere: we don't pay much if any attention to the GPA you report on your application or resume. We use the GPA that appears on your transcript in conjunction with our Graduate School's conversion resources. Usually an expert converts it to a 4.0 scale for us, but other times our reviewing faculty need to consult a conversion chart (which often varies by the school, even if it's in the same education system).

For anyone else with this problem, we recommend you just report your GPA as it appears on your transcript and let us worry about how to convert it. If you really want to know what its equivalent is before applying, you should always feel free to reach out to the grad program directly to find out how they will convert it.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, no, I didn't submit my application for this round. I was worried about the consequences misrepresenting information on my application could have. (If I tried to convert it myself)

Not a huge cause for concern though, I'll apply before Feb 15th for round 3.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, no, I didn't submit my application for this round. I was worried about the consequences misrepresenting information on my application could have. (If I tried to convert it myself)

Read your post on AnalystForum... best of luck in your applications dude!

Thanks for the reply!

We will look at the transcript on the scale of 10 from your school and evaluate your performance based on that, not on the GPA you would report on a scale up to 4.0

The admission standard is the same in each round, so there is no problem with applying for Round 3 instead of Round 2. Good luck!

Back