• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

interview dress code question

Hi,

I have an on-site interview recently, and I just notice that I do not have a matched black suit jacket for my suit skirt, can I wear white shirt and suit skirt only in the interview? Does it look informal?

I think business suit is the best option, why don't you buy one? you will need it in the future.
If you can't buy, I don't think business casual is really informal.

Business casual is fine, but invest in a suit. It's worth it. Looking presentable in an interview is VERY important.

I think business suit is the best option, why don't you buy one? you will need it in the future.
If you can't buy, I don't think business casual is really informal.
Thanks! Actually I have one but they are too warm to wear in summer.

I'd wear it then. Being too hot for a little bit is better than missing out, because they feel that you didn't take the interview seriously enough. I'm not saying that they will think like this, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'd wear it then. Being too hot for a little bit is better than missing out, because they feel that you didn't take the interview seriously enough. I'm not saying that they will think like this, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
yeah, you are right!

You do not have to wear it while you are outside... and there is always AC inside... so warm weather should not be too much of an issue I guess...

Good Luck anyway...

Back