• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interview Invites

How long after application submission/deadline do applicants typically receive interview invites? Understand CMU MSCF has sent out a round of invites but any ideas on other programs? many thanks guys

I haven't come across anybody with an interview invite from MIT, Princeton or Columbia. Had my CMU interview last week.

Silly question: Are the interview invites sent in order of application submission? The earlier one applies, the earlier he receives the invite(given he qualifies).

Silly question: Are the interview invites sent in order of application submission? The earlier one applies, the earlier he receives the invite(given he qualifies).

Dont think so. I submitted my CMU and columbia applications just before the deadlines, but received an interview call

Really depends on programs. The top programs can take their time but others need to lock in candidates early in the process. For example, Columbia doesnt have a priority deadline but some mfe programs do. So really depends on the admissions committee. You could actually call up the office and ask for timelines or whether they have a rolling admissions process or more like all profiles are viewed at once.

I haven't come across anybody with an interview invite from MIT, Princeton or Columbia. Had my CMU interview last week.

Hi @fsez, Congrats on receiving the interview invites. Do you mind sharing your profile info/stats?

Hi there, been lurking in the forums for a bit, but first time posting. I haven't received any interview invitations from CMU or Columbia, but I just received one from Princeton (roughly 10 hours ago).

Had my CMU MSCF interview a few days back and Received Columbia Interview two days ago. Both I submitted on the last day and the RLs are actually send-out after the deadline. So I guess the invitation send-out is not going by the time of submission.

Hi there, been lurking in the forums for a bit, but first time posting. I haven't received any interview invitations from CMU or Columbia, but I just received one from Princeton (roughly 10 hours ago).
Congrats! if you don’t mind, could you share a bit of your background/profile please? When did you submit the application? Thanks in advance

Congrats! if you don’t mind, could you share a bit of your background/profile please? When did you submit the application? Thanks in advance

Hi, thank you. I had around 3.4 (scaled to 4.0) undergrad GPA in Math BS from a Singapore university. Roughly 2 years (on the way to 3 by this Fall) of work experience as an analyst at an Asian bank's hedge fund research/data provider arm. My GRE was 170Q 159V 4.0AWA. Two recommendations from undergrad research project supervisors and one from my current superior at work. Nothing impressive here, honestly I'm really surprised I even got an interview from Princeton considering what I saw on the resumes of their current and recent admits.

I submitted my application just before the deadline, on the 30th of December (Asian time, so probably 29th in the States).

Hi, thank you. I had around 3.4 (scaled to 4.0) undergrad GPA in Math BS from a Singapore university. Roughly 2 years (on the way to 3 by this Fall) of work experience as an analyst at an Asian bank's hedge fund research/data provider arm. My GRE was 170Q 159V 4.0AWA. Two recommendations from undergrad research project supervisors and one from my current superior at work. Nothing impressive here, honestly I'm really surprised I even got an interview from Princeton considering what I saw on the resumes of their current and recent admits.

I submitted my application just before the deadline, on the 30th of December (Asian time, so probably 29th in the States).
Thanks for sharing, all the best to your interview!

Back