• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interview Invites

I took the GRE on December 31st, and had to put a 0 on the AW section for most of my applications (which of course were edited afterwards or updated recently). Hopefully I hear back soon

I checked my application status for CMU this morning, and it was finally complete. I also received my interview invite for CMU today. All of January is filled and the first week of February as well.

Congrats! if you don’t mind, could you share a bit of your background/profile please? When did you submit the application?
Sure...
I am from one of the Indian Institutes of Technologies (IITs) majoring in Mathematics and Computing with a GPA of 8.84/10, and will graduate in May 2020.
GRE: 169 Q 154 V and 5.5 AWA
Have completed relevant courses related to quantitative finance, math, stats in my academic curriculum in addition to an intern as a quantitative trader.

Does anyone know the typical the lead time between invite receipt and the actual interview date for Princeton?

Also, has anyone heard from ICME at all? Not sure when do they usually conduct interviews either.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Hi, I understand the interview invites are out for CMU and Columbia. Any chances they’d be sending out more invites in the following weeks of Jan or Feb as well?
I was really hopeful of these two colleges, kinda freaking out.

Hi, I understand the interview invites are out for CMU and Columbia. Any chances they’d be sending out more invites in the following weeks of Jan or Feb as well?
I was really hopeful of these two colleges, kinda freaking out.
Guess CMU is still sending out invites. I got friends got it this week. For Columbia, if you applied R1, chance is still there but low since ppl say Columbia filter people with some benchmark, say ur GPA and GRE. For R2, I guess they are still processing coz none of my R2 friends heard anything yet.

Guess CMU is still sending out invites. I got friends got it this week. For Columbia, if you applied R1, chance is still there but low since ppl say Columbia filter people with some benchmark, say ur GPA and GRE. For R2, I guess they are still processing coz none of my R2 friends heard anything yet.

Wait I thought they had only 1 deadline of Jan 5th? I applied on Jan 1st. And I had a pretty decent Quant GRE score of 167 ( V 157 and AWA 5).

Columbia has two rounds. The first was by 12/15/19. The second was by 01/05/20. Cheers.
Hey are you sure?I don't think so. I too believe columbia had a single deadline. I submitted my application in jan 3 and had an interview last week.

Hey are you sure?I don't think so. I too believe columbia had a single deadline. I submitted my application in jan 3 and had an interview last week.
Thanks for the correction. Yes, I rechecked it had a single deadline (I messed up with other programs, my bad). I said "GUESS" based on a few of other applicants' feedbacks. So, chances are still there coz no one knows whether they will send out the second round invites. Just wish the best. Cheers.

Has anyone received an interview invite for CMU for the interview to be conducted after the 1st week of February?

Just checking if anybody heard back from any other programs? MIT? Princeton? for interviews.

Back