• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is a Quant.fin route a wise one?

I have been just admitted to a Quant.fin Bs.I am not sure if this is the right route to become an excellent quant.I also fear being overlooked by top MFE schools in favour of math/stat/CS/physics oe engineering majors.The carriculum covers a lot of actuarial science content,a lot of statistics and a lot of finance and economics content.My worry though is that it does not cover enough(i think) math content as only the first 2 semesters out of 4 cover pure math stuff.My questions are:does a Q.fin undergrad have a chance at being admitted at a top MFE program/school,and if there is a chance,compare it to that of a math/stat/CS/physics or engineering undergrad.I would appreciate any advice or info you people can offer me.Thankyou.

>>The carriculum covers a lot of actuarial science content,a lot of statistics and a lot of finance and economics content
That's a red flag. You are fed a lot of dumbed down version content and get short charged on the foundation math + cs courses that will be needed later on if you go on to graduate school.
I don't believe the purpose of these undergrad QF degrees is to prepare you to MFE program, but rather getting you a job. It will most likely fall short on either goal.

Thankyou for your advice but I can't say that I am not disappointed.Well,does undergrad college name/prestige have any value in being admitted to the top MFF programs.What do you recommend,studying for a engineering or math/stastics degree.

I think its engineering since the is a lot of physics but I also love math/stat.I can comfortably pick any for my undergrad,but what i need to know is if MFE admissions are favouring which of the two these days and which one in 5/6 years to come.thankyou for your help.

Back