• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Join Temple Fox School of Business or wait for IIT Stuart?

1. Part time vs Full time. If you are already on say H1 visa (or US citizen / permanent resident) then you can study part time. If you are on F1 visa then you have to study full time. If you look at the website there is a part time schedule listed.

2. There are no refresher courses at Temple, but I strongly advise that you brush up or take a course on C++. It will help you no matter where you go. For most programs it is a prerequisite.

3. A recommendation to select a program is a very personal issue. There is no right answer that fits all. If you are US based, study hard and network well then I would definitely recommend it. If you are an international student (and no relevant finance work experience) then really hard before joining any MSFE program (including IIT,UIUC, UMich) that does not gaurantee a job (almost surely.... FE students will get the pun). Being an international student will make things much harder at the non-elite MSFE programs. The key is to understand what you are getting into and what is required to succeed. You need to work extra hard, network and learn more than your piers to suceed. Tuition should also be considered when deciding.

4. Cost of living either in Chicago or Philly would not be very different.

I will be there on an F1 Visa... So will have to do the course full time.

Can you please tell me if there are options of Research Assitantships or Teaching Assistantships at the university? I am thinking of various ways in which I can fund my education other than the education loan I will have to take..

Are there any other Scholarships I could apply for and if yes who would be the right person to contact for it?

I will be there on an F1 Visa... So will have to do the course full time.

Can you please tell me if there are options of Research Assitantships or Teaching Assistantships at the university? I am thinking of various ways in which I can fund my education other than the education loan I will have to take..

Are there any other Scholarships I could apply for and if yes who would be the right person to contact for it?

As far as I know there are no Research Assitantships in MSFE. The MSFE classes also do not have any TAs. There may be other classes / departments which require TAs - say like Math or Engineering undergrad classes. Please contact the program director for information.

The MSFE program provides Dean's scholarship which are awarded based on your application strength - no additional application required (see website). The recipients are automatically notified a few days after being offered admission. Other than that people look for on-campus jobs (including ones like graders), which are usually found after arriving and doing some investigation.

Hey guys, continuing this post after an year.. I have decided to take up msfe at fox business school. And now, I am waiting for enthusiast and kunalpatil to help me with their experience (more from kunal) if you can tell me how things have progressed at fox for you. The entire International student experience and studies and living, housing, studies etc.

Back