• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

JP Morgan Quantitative Research Interview

In that case, 99.99% you are through. Congrats! Just wait for the offer letter. I am keeping my fingers crossed for next Monday/Tuesday. Good Luck to both of us!

Lol i'm not so confident, the job posting is still up!

@TheComplexUnit do you know if the fact that job posting is still up indicates they are still interviewing people or that I will get rejected? Or is it just up until it expires (expire date isnt for a few more days)?

I am still waiting too. It has been a month now since I finished the last round of interviews.

Hi sorry to butt in here, it was useful to read this thread. I just was curious as to what kind of Masters/PhD resumes do JPM/Goldman and the likes in India specifically want to see or do see in such kind of roles, even for just being called for an interview. I am still a Masters student, was curious to find out.
Thanks, hope you get the jobs.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job:(:(.......But it was a great experience though.

Getting into such jobs need a background in quantitative subjects (Bachelor/Masters/PhD degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Maths, Physics, Financial Engineering etc.). This academic background is absolute necessity (especially in India) although exceptions can always be there. Name of your academic institution also matters especially in India (IIT, IIM etc.). This is also true to some extent in USA where you have a higher chance of bagging such jobs if you are a grad from Ivy League or UC Berkeley, Stanford, MIT, Caltech. etc. Getting a Quant job depends on what kind of roles you are looking for in the bank. For instance getting a job in Quantitative Risk Management (Market or Credit Risk) is relatively easier than bagging a job in Front Office (Pricing Model Developer, Trading, Strat etc.). The interviews are tough for FO jobs as compared to risk management. This is a "Universal Truth" and applicable everywhere irrespective of the geographies.

Hi,
I have a virtual coding interview on hirevue platform for JPM's 2022 quantitative analytics summer internship program. what kind of questions should I expect and what's the best way to prepare for it?

Hi,
I have a virtual coding interview on hirevue platform for JPM's 2022 quantitative analytics summer internship program. what kind of questions should I expect and what's the best way to prepare for it?
Pretty sure you can google this and there are interview questions posted. Although this is probably too late, I am sure you have taken it by now

@mathromancer: I posted this question on wallstreetoasis. That's another quant forum I know of apart from Quantnet. No response on wallstreetoasis yet.

Wrt your interview process, my first round was based on maths (stochastic calculus) and work experience (Questions related to Hull White One Factor Model). Then I had 2 interviews again based on stochastic calculus and linear algebra. My fourth round was based on programming. They expect you to know C++ and Python.

My fifth round was based on work experience (The interviewer grilled me on Credit Default Swap since I did its pricing for one of the bank). The final round was purely behavioral and was more focused on why I want to join JP Morgan etc. etc.

Generally math brain teasers are asked in the FO roles (Derivatives Pricing/modeling) or Strats profile (Atleast based on my experience in India). In typical Model Validation role, focus is more on experience in validation of pricing models, coding, stochastic calculus etc.

Same case as you said. It's been 2 weeks and there is no response yet. I followed up with HR and was notified that they will provide the feedback after 2 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@nkapai : what type of questions do they as on C++ and python?

Back