• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Know anyone with GRE 160Q got admitted to top MFE programs?

I would like to know what my chances are to get into top MFE programs (CMU, NYU, Columbia, UCLA etc).

Graduated in 2012, majored in Math, GPA 3.56
Had two analyst internships in boutique asset management firms before graduated
More than 2 years of full time working experience in finance industry.
Currently working in a venture capital firm focusing in tech-based start-ups.

Took GRE test few weeks ago and I screwed up.
What are my chances to get into top program with only 160 in GRE quant?

Why don't you just retake it and not screw up?

The MSCF admissions process is holistic in nature and we look at multiple application components to assess one’s success academically for the program, not just the GRE score. However, it is a very competitive applicant pool, so would encourage you to review the pre-requisites and class profiles for all the programs for which you are considering against your background. Generally speaking, it’s always recommended that you take the opportunity to shore up any deficiencies in your profile prior to applying where you are able as well as leverage any strengths, such as your professional experiences, in your application.

Back