• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Krannert MSF

Hello guys,

I am an international applicant. I have been admitted to the Krannert Masters in Finance program (not to be confused with Purdue CF). This is a new program and I cannot seem to find a lot of information about it, other than what is provided on their website, so I thought I'd ask here.

It is a 10 month program and students share a few classes with Krannert MBA students. The cost of the program is approximately 60-65k$. This is their placement report: https://masters.krannert.purdue.edu/programs/ms-f/msf-placement-after-graduation/

Looking for any information regarding this program or Krannert. My aim is to acquire a good job in the US on completion of the program. I have to make a decision in approximately 2 months.

Thanks!

-PNike

I wouldn't necessarily call the program new as it has been around since I have been following the MSF scene (3-4 years). They have recently revamped their website which is positive. I've had a couple people ask me about the program and I am kind of undecided. Purdue is a well known and respect university which is great.Their MSF program piggy backs off of their MBA program which is either a pro or a con, depending on how you look at things. Con in the fact that MBA finance is more generalized out of necessity. Pro in the fact that you will be able to network with professionals with work experience, instead of being segregated with a class of students with little to no experience.

As for recruiting and career services, I can't really speak to that. I think you will have full access to Purdue on campus recruiting, but am not sure if you will have anything MSF directed. Best I can provide is an old student review I received over a year ago. Hope it helps.

http://msfhq.com/purdue-msf-student-review/

** Andy, not sure if this is kosher with the link. If not, please feel free to remove it. I can post the review here if needed. **

Thanks for shedding some light on the program.

The student review seems to be positive. He says that we should feel free to contact him, but I couldn't find his e-mail on that page.

Although seniors could be apply to assist more, but I think this program should be taken after some good experience or pre-knowledge about Finance.

I will have to go through my emails to see if I can find his info. It was a while ago. I would reach out to their admissions staff and see if they can put you in contact with a current student or something.

Yes, I have already e-mailed them. I shall let you guys know what they say!

Back