• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Letter Grades for Relevant Coursework

Hmm, I'm sorry but I can't help you there. My undergrad grades were already in letters. I suggest dropping them an email to confirm what you should do.

I am guessing you are an international student, where grades are in percentages right?
Yes, I am. The subject test scores are marks out of 125 for e.g. Mathematics I (match with Calculus I) is 123/125. I don't know if this is A+ or A for Columbia.

Overall grades are quoted in percentages by faculty, students or in application forms to companies, however transcripts still quote the aggregate sum of marks :cautious:

Last edited:
Best is to email them for the conversion method (so there won't be any issue later on since you can cite the email from their admission staff). After you get admitted they'll ask you to use some third party credential evaluation services to convert your grades into US 4.0 scale, but it's unnecessary for the pre-admission processes.

Edit: you never mentioned where you came from, but it might be a good idea to find current/past MFE students from the same country or university on LinkedIn and ask them about their application experience.

Last edited:
Best is to email them for the conversion method (so there won't be any issue later on since you can cite the email from their admission staff). After you get admitted they'll ask you to use some third party credential evaluation services to convert your grades into US 4.0 scale, but it's unnecessary for the pre-admission processes.

Edit: you never mentioned where you came from, but it might be a good idea to find current/past MFE students from the same country or university on LinkedIn and ask them about their application experience.
Thank you. I will drop an email and check further. Also, I have now managed to reach out to LinkedIn contacts seeking their confirmation.

I already have the WES evaluated grades but the problem is it seems inconsistent with the Columbia framework as I got 125/125 but the letter grade per WES is A and not A+. If I get limited insights then I would just match them to WES grades and leave it to the University to decide as the grades are not on the lower end.

Appreciate your response :)

Back