• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Looking for Master with baaaad GPA

As the title might give away, I will finish my Econ. - Bachelor with a terrible GPA of about 2.2-2.4.
At the moment, I am looking for a QFin/FE Master with an admission that ignores GPA and only cares about the GMAT.
I am fairly sure that I will score relatively high (630-700), in addition I also have some skills in Matlab and Python.
Are there any reachable Master programmes for me?

Thanks to anyone that can help me :)

What courses the bad grades are in likely makes a difference (in my opinion). a poor GPA with As and Bs in math courses with Cs and Ds in gen ed english is more likely to get a look than someone with Cs and Ds in math courses and good grades in other random gen eds.

Secondly, most grad programs seem to be placing less emphasis on the GRE. You're unlikely to make up for bad grades in math courses with a good quant score.

Thank you for your answer.
I am from Europe and there are definitely "normal" Finance Msc. where the GMAT is the only thing that matters in the application process (Maastricht for example). So there has to hopefully be one in the QFin space 😩

Thank you for your answer.
I am from Europe and there are definitely "normal" Finance Msc. where the GMAT is the only thing that matters in the application process (Maastricht for example). So there has to hopefully be one in the QFin space 😩
I got into a MSc Finance with a specialization in Quantitative Risk Management in the Netherlands (VU Amsterdam), where the courses are pretty much completely quantitatively oriented. Maybe you could look into going that path? I also understand that typically, as long as you have the correct courses and background, you can get into programs in NL (I'm not too sure on this one). The other option is just retaking some courses or taking some math on your own and getting high grades there

I got into a MSc Finance with a specialization in Quantitative Risk Management in the Netherlands (VU Amsterdam), where the courses are pretty much completely quantitatively oriented. Maybe you could look into going that path? I also understand that typically, as long as you have the correct courses and background, you can get into programs in NL (I'm not too sure on this one). The other option is just retaking some courses or taking some math on your own and getting high grades there
Thank you very much, I will look into it.
By taking math on my own, do you mean starting a new Mathematics Bachelor, taking some courses and then going into Master of my interest?

Thank you very much, I will look into it.
By taking math on my own, do you mean starting a new Mathematics Bachelor, taking some courses and then going into Master of my interest?
idk how it is in europe for this kind of stuff but in north america you can just enroll in math classes without being enrolled in a bachelors degree. if it is possible in europe, that seems to usually be the most cost and time efficient way to do it.

Back