Looking for profile evaluation and advise (career switch)

Hi guys, I am an Indian citizen and hold a undergrad degree in Aerospace engineering from a tier 1 college and currently work as an engineer/scientist in the space research organisation. since a year i have become fascinated by finance and am now looking for a career switch. I was initially looking for a MBA Fin but with all the issues with the H1B visa, MFE seems to be the better choice (and apparently a better fit as well).

GPA: 8.1/10
GRE: 170Q 161V 3 AWA

Work ex : 2 years as an aerospace engineer ( not related to finance in any way, still can show a few programming related stints)

Classes taken: calculus, vector calculus and differential equations, linear algebra, numerical analysis and transforms, Partial differential equations, calculus of variations and complex analysis, probability and statistics

Courses: CFA level 1 ( took it this june and am confident that i will pass)

Programming: fairly proficient with matlab (completed numerous assignments and projects in the 4 years of undergrad), familiar with python and C++

Programs I plan to apply to:
CMU, UCB, Columbia MFE, NYU Tandon, Cornell, Georgia tech., Baruch, UCLA, U. Washington.

1) Am i aiming too high with these programs given the lack of relevant work experience? Do i even have a shot with these?

2) Is there anything else i should do to enhance my profile like a baruch C++ course , a pre- MFE course or a FRM level 1?

3) Anything i am missing? Any other advise.

Thank you Guys.

Back