• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE LSE Risk and Stochastics vs CASS Actuarial Management

I am applying to these 2 programs for 2012 entry. My career goal is to become an actuary. As I have been educated in the US, I have passed 4 SOA exams. Which program would serve me a better chance to get a actuarial job in the UK or Europe? Which school has better networking in the actuarial industry? I am a non native English speaker with UK citizenship.
Thank you very much.

I am a member of that forum,but people at there don't talk about Masters at all. And that is a North America based forum, I don't think people would know that much about the market in the UK.

I don't know much about the 2 programs but it is extremely highly unlikely Cass would have better placements than LSE ;) As for the programs, see which one fits your interests more and consider this as well ;)

I don't know much about the 2 programs but it is extremely highly unlikely Cass would have better placements than LSE ;) As for the programs, see which one fits your interests more and consider this as well ;)
Thanks.

Actually I prefer Risk and Stochastics if both of them have the same placements. And also LSE has better reputation. But as the website of Cass told, the course is taught by real actuaries and they also offer business project linked to other companies, these networkings maybe advantages for me to start my career in the actuarial industry. It is really hard to decide.

Well chances are an LSE graduate should easily find a job compared to a Cass one ;) Of course I am just speaking in general and have no particular information about those two programs. But if you like the LSE one better + the LSE name it seems you have a winner :D

Yes...LSE is currently the winner. but if I find out that Cass is actually better than LSE in the field of actuarial, then I would definitely switch to cass. So if anybody knows about these two program, please help me out. Thank you!

Back