• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Math Stat Books to get thru John Hull Fund Future and Opt

Hi
Im a programmer that has been far removed from college as well as the cal and stat courses. I am currently trying to get thru the John Hull Book Fundamental of futures and options. What math and stat pre req courses or topics do I need to get thru this. Are there books that can be recommended that stream line the process. ( I imagine that not all topics in math books are neccessary) Thanks

I would say this book + solutions book by Dr. Stefanica (Baruch).
To the point and highly relevant.

41aEO-7Ox3L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

any???

In this case there may be no point in the short term. Maybe a refresh course at Community school.

what Im saying its been 10 years since I took a math class I dont remeber anything and havent used it since would the book work
At which level was the maths class?
BTW unfortunately, your grammar is awful. The above sentence is like a stream of consciousness.

Last edited:
no, stream of consciousness is the best grammar
Should the comma be removed?

The last chapter of Ulysses (James Joyce) is 70 pages long and does not have a single comma. Now that's a SOC!

Last edited:
Back