• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MFE Evaluation

I'm in my final year at one of the top commerce colleges in India. My real interest has always been in Quant and Math, but I ended up in a commerce program due to some external pressures. Even so, I've tried to tailor my experiences towards what I love.

So far, I've completed three internships—one as a Financial Analyst, another as a Financial Consultant, and the last one focused on automation workflow development. I've also done a bunch of certifications in Algorithmic Trading and Python, which have really helped me build my tech skills. I'm planning to take up the C++ certification soon, along with more Python studies.

I scored 8 on the IELTS and 328 on the GRE. My GPA is 2.7, which might look a bit low, but my college has a tough grading system. Even with that, I'm in the top 10% of my class.

Advise me as to where can I apply and how can I improve my profile.

I hope this gives you a good sense of my background. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Don't worry about GPA. They don't scale with the US GPA. The admission committee at each program will use their interpretation.

1) Start with QuantNet Rankings: Begin your search with the QuantNet rankings for the best MFE and quant finance programs in the US or UK. These highly selective rankings consistently feature top-tier programs.
2) Customize with Tableview: Use the Tableview feature to sort programs based on tuition, acceptance rate, and post-graduation salary. This helps you align your choices with your priorities.
3) Dive into Program Details: Click on each program’s name for in-depth information, including past salaries, class sizes, and acceptance rates. This gives you a clearer picture of what each program offers.
4) Check Graduate Reviews: Read reviews from recent graduates to see if the program is still highly recommended. First-hand experiences can offer valuable insights.
5) Engage in the Forum: Use the QuantNet forum to ask any remaining questions and connect with other applicants. Networking there can provide additional tips and support.
6) Track Your Progress: Utilize the Tracker tool to monitor your application status and assess your chances of admission based on your GPA, GRE scores, and other metrics.

Back