• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin MIT MFin Admission Discussion

To those of you who got waitlisted or dinged after your interview, did you feel that the interview did not go well?

is March 14 the release date for results? no results will be released before then? I have another offer which I have to reply by March 1.... any advice?

is March 14 the release date for results? no results will be released before then? I have another offer which I have to reply by March 1.... any advice?

They will not release any information before then. That is what they said after I asked after my interview.

How much is the deposit? I think your only move if that is your #2 option is to act as if you are going to the other offer and then if you get into MIT figure out what works best. But if you are willing to spend 100k on an MIT education, I'd imagine the deposit will just add a few more.

How much is the deposit? I think your only move if that is your #2 option is to act as if you are going to the other offer and then if you get into MIT figure out what works best. But if you are willing to spend 100k on an MIT education, I'd imagine the deposit will just add a few more.
hmmm, I'll try asking them for an extension. If not, I guess that's the only way. Fingers crossed for MIT :(

Hi All,

Mentioned this in the other thread. But received my interview invite Tuesday night (not Monday). So everyone don't lose hope! (I almost did) :)

I felt the interview went fine. I was asked about a weakness on my application and had a chance to write a follow-up explanation that was included with my profile. I think several other people were asked the same.

I felt like my interview went well too. I got a three "C"s, which I was asked about, but I had written an optional essay explaining them. I am not really sure what to make of that. I would have thought the post-interview evaluation would be completed based on fit, but I guess not.

Even I felt my interview went well but I got rejected. I don't know how much weight is put on the interview. However, my interviewer asked me quite basic questions: goals, why mit, etc. No behavioral. So I assume, there is less weightage on the interview.

That has me worried...

My interviewer also asked me the basic questions, but also some behavioral ones (e.g. "Tell me about a time where you successfully handled conflict.").

kks - The admission process is scary... I never expected to get invited to the interview. Have mine next week! :P Besides the ones mentioned on the wiki could you list the questions that were asked? (both behavioral and traditional)?

PNike - all the questions you were asked were basic? :S as in, where do you want to work etc?

The wait is a killer!

I completely agree! US schools should move towards only having rolling admissions, like European schools have. As an American, I am amazed at how archaic our system is.

Only 26 more days...

My advice is to not put all your eggs in one basket. Research the other schools you applied to, get yourself excited about the possibility of going there instead. You're likely to get more money than MIT, the competition may not be so cut-throat. I was devastated when I found out I was wait-listed at MIT and then I actually looked more in-depth into my second option, where I was admitted. Then I realized not getting into MIT was not the end of the world. There are other really great programs out there.

KTc, how long did it take MIT to get back to you with an admit/reject decision after they placed you on the waitlist?

KTc, that must be annoying :(

I do not think I could survive that, haha. Hopefully they let you know as soon as March 14 rolls around.

KTc,
If I may ask, which was your second choice where you say you were admitted?

OT:
I was also rejected by MIT post interview. I have received an admit for MSF to Purdue, UT Dallas and URochester.

I wanted to run an idea by you'll:
I am thinking of reapplying next year with a good finance internship and CFA L2 pass. Do you'll think it will be enough to get an admit to (MIT MFin or UVA MS Comme or Duke MMS) or do you guys think it maybe a better option to take Purdue/Rochester/UTD?

Back