• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MS in CS or MFE

I want to pursue a career in Algorithmic Trading and was wondering if I should pursue a Masters in CS or an MFE degree.

I just completed my under grad in BioEngineering and have taken 4 programming classes (intro to programming, data structures, algorithms, AI). Languages I'm proficient in: C++, Java, Python, Unix, R.

I was wondering if I need to enhance my programming knowledge by doing a Masters to be taken serioriously by employers or if I should go to an MFE program that specializes in Algo Trading?

Also, are there any MFE programs that focus on algo trading (I know Berkeley doesn't)?

Thanks for all the help!

Don't know about algo trading specifically, but CMU does have four dedicated programming courses (out of 25 courses) and I imagine several other of the courses use programming as well.

Back