MS in CS or MS in Applied Stats

Hello, I am currently an undergrad student majoring in CS, would I have a better chance to getting into a good financial mathematics/financial engineering/computational finance program program with a MS in CS or a MS in Applied Statistics? My school has a five year master's program in CS which will add one year to my schooling, the MS in Applied Statistics will add two years, they also have an MS in Predictive Analytics but I prefer the Stats program. I will be getting my BS early so I can do either program. I am doing this to raise my GPA because it is not great at the moment. As a backup if I can't get into a good school I am planning on getting into data analysis.

one friend told me that in computer science you learn most of the programming in ugrad anyway.
I'm doing the same thing you're doing, except I'll do a Msc in Applied Math.

one friend told me that in computer science you learn most of the programming in ugrad anyway.
I'm doing the same thing you're doing, except I'll do a Msc in Applied Math.

I have been reading the same thing online. Most of the classes are the same, except for a few. I was thinking about doing applied math or pure math but my CS program doesn't have too many math courses only discrete math. I would have to stay an extra two quarters to take two quarters of real analysis, and two quarters of abstract algebra.

Back